[Haskell] ANN: MissingH 0.12.0 (Better binary file support)
jgoerzen at complete.org
Mon Oct 10 09:27:34 EDT 2005
MissingH 0.12.0 is now available.
Changes from 0.11.5 include:
* MissingH.IO.Binary can now work with Strings or [Word8], instead
of just strings. This support is implemented with a typeclass,
so the module is fully backwards-compatible.
* MissingH.IO.Binary can now work with any HVIO object, not just
* New support for binary I/O in MissingH.IO.HVIO and HVFS.
* Updated BlockIO and Threads.Child to 2005-02-14 versions from
* MissingH.IO.Binary.hBlockCopy optimized to require no conversion
of the buffer.
* Fixed docs to work with Haddock 0.7
* New module MissingH.Daemon to support detaching from a controlling
* New simplegrep.hs example
MissingH source and Debian packages are also available from any Debian
mirror, such as:
(There is approximately a 48-hour delay before new versions appear
Currently in development for MissingH 0.13.0:
* Native Haskell support for creating and extracting tar files
* E-mail mailbox abstraction and implementation for Maildirs and
Author, Foundations of Python Network Programming
More information about the Haskell