[Haskell] fptools mirror in darcs ready for testing

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Nov 30 15:49:52 EST 2005

Hello everyone,

Finally!  Simon Marlow's plan[1] for moving from CVS to darcs for
fptools, GHC, etc. is happening.  Thanks to some feedback from him and
the author of Tailor, as well as some free time finally, I've been
able to convert things from CVS to darcs according to the plan.

So, the first phase is to have live, updated darcs mirrors of CVS
repos as appropriate.  We now have that.

Please feel free to darcs get --partial any of these.  (Trust me, you
*REALLY* want to use --partial.  You'd be downloading over 13,000
patches otherwise on some of these.)

http://cvs.haskell.org/darcs/ghc
  GHC HEAD
http://cvs.haskell.org/darcs/ghc.ghc-6.4
  GHC ghc-6-4-branch
http://cvs.haskell.org/darcs/libraries
  libraries dir from fptools, HEAD
http://cvs.haskell.org/darcs/libraries.ghc-6.4
  libraries dir from fptools, ghc-6-4-branch
http://cvs.haskell.org/darcs/nofib
  nofib dir from fptools, HEAD  (there were no commits on
  ghc-6-4-branch for nofib)
http://cvs.haskell.org/darcs/testsuite
  testsuite dir from fptools, HEAD
http://cvs.haskell.org/darcs/testsuite.ghc-6.4
  testsuite dir from fptools, ghc-6-4-branch

Please note that you cannot pull patches between branches.  This is
because it is not really possible to have an automated CVS to darcs
conversion that preserves enough information to do so.  However, once
the 6.4 branches go away, this will become nicely possible with future
branches.

Also please note that these repos are READ ONLY for now.  Nobody will
be accepting darcs patches until Simon (or someone) gives the word.

These will all be updating daily as soon as I get around to writing a
cron job.

[1] http://www.haskell.org//pipermail/cvs-ghc/2005-November/027174.html