[Haskell] Making Haskell more open

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Nov 16 05:32:05 EST 2005

Gour:
> Simon Peyton-Jones (simonpj at microsoft.com) wrote:
> b) make a haskell.org repository for haskell-related projects
>
> by adding some required features so that Haskell projects can move from
> e.g. SF to haskell.org. Here I'm thinking about Trac - wiki and issue tracking
> system (http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/).
>
> It is simple & powerful enough. It combines wiki (the present hawiki
> entries can be imported (http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/2068)
> with the ticket system handy for handling bug requests, feature
> requests, setting roadmaps, timelines etc. and great thing that there is
> a darcs backend available so every proejct can have darcs repository
> avaialable. (this is why I prefer trac over e.g. bugzilla, RT...)

This would indeed be something very valuable to have IMHO.  The easier
it is for potential library and tool writers to involve the rest of the
community in their efforts (independent whether they have public web
servers etc available to use), the more good libraries and tools, we'll
get.

Trac also looks quite nice (after quickly browsing through the site).

Manuel