[Haskell] Making Haskell more open

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Tue Nov 15 18:34:59 EST 2005

Am Dienstag, 15. November 2005 17:15 schrieb Victor Blomqvist:
> [...]

> Actually, I heard the same arguments when disucssing webforum vs news at
> my institution, most old *nix-hackers prefered the news, and newer (non
> *nix-hacker) students liked web forum better.

Maybe because they don't know newsgroups very well?  I think, it's a problem
that nowadays everything has to be done via the web (webmail, forums) and new
internet users often don't really know about the "proper" communication
forms.

Web interfaces are normally less user friendly than specialized software like
newsreaders or mailreaders.  For example, if I want to move a mail from one
folder to another, I just use drag-and-drop in my mail reader.  With webmail
this is a lot more difficult.  So please do me one favor and don't switch
over to forums.

> [...]

Best wishes,
Wolfgang