[Haskell] Re: Making Haskell more open

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Sat Nov 12 01:37:42 EST 2005

In article <43744349.5020100 at informatik.uni-bremen.de>,
 Till Mossakowski <till at informatik.uni-bremen.de> wrote:

> I have also made nice experiences with MediaWiki/WikiPedia.
> However, I think while you can include images on MediaWiki pages,
> you cannot include documents (like ps or pdf) - these have to be
> external links. Of course, the possibility of including such documents
> would be a desirable feature for a system of Haskell documentation
> pages. Perhaps it is not too difficult to add this feature for
> a MediaWiki expert?

In the current shipping version, 1.5.2, you can allow uploads of PDF,
etc. by adding this to your LocalSettings.php:

    $wgCheckFileExtensions = false;
    $wgStrictFileExtensions = false;

Even with these settings, dangerous content such as .php, .js and .html
files is prevented. Uploaded PDFs work fine, and display inline as the
PDF logo.

Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA