[Haskell] [ANNOUNCE] yhc - York Haskell Compiler

David Frech nimblemachines at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 18:09:19 EST 2005

On 11/11/05, Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just so that people don't get the wrong idea ...
>
> - It's just an experiment of mine with the backend that turns out to
> have sparked some interest. It seems to compile most of Haskell 98 (at
> least it did when it last worked ;-)) but it's in no way an industrial
> strength compiler yet.

I'm curious. Can you be more specific about what you thought
wanted/needed changing in nhc98's VM and/or compiler?

I haven't played around with nhc98 yet, but I was intrigued by its
small size and its (modestly-sized and simple) bytecoded
implementation. Should I now be more interested in Yhc instead? ;-)

I'd like to build a web-publishing framework in Haskell that is
totally self-contained, very portable, and easy to bootstrap ... and
nhc98 or Yhc might be a nice place to start.

Are you documenting your thoughts about the Yhc implementation somewhere?

Cheers,

- David

--
There's more than one way to do it: the Perl way, and the _right_ way.