[Haskell] [ANNOUNCE] yhc - York Haskell Compiler

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 07:24:49 EST 2005

Just so that people don't get the wrong idea ...

- Yhc is a working title and it's still not totally decided what it's
relation to nhc98 is. It may be merged back into nhc98, it may replace
nhc98 or it may end up as an entirely seperate project from it.

- It's very much work in progress, indeed the source code in the darcs
repository as of today is currently somewhat disfunctional as is in
between changes (hence why the Makefile is broken).

- It's just an experiment of mine with the backend that turns out to
have sparked some interest. It seems to compile most of Haskell 98 (at
least it did when it last worked ;-)) but it's in no way an industrial
strength compiler yet.

- It's just me and a few other students (who are or were recently at
York) working part time. It's in no way an "official" release.

That said people are free to have a play around and comments,
suggestions or ports are all welcome. I'll try and get the code in
darcs to a reasonable state ASAHP.

Hope that helps settle any confusions :-)

Tom Shackell