[Haskell] Re: formal verification for functional programming languages

Srinivas Nedunuri nedunuri at cs.utexas.edu
Fri Nov 4 10:42:07 EST 2005

Are you familiar with Hoare and Misra's Verification Grand Challenge? Here
are a couple of pointers to recent workshops

FWIW, I personally feel that transforming specifications into programs via
synthesis or refinement or whatever is going to net you a better return than
after the fact verification. That's just IMHO. Right now I'm looking at
different possibilities for specification languages, and I feel that Haskell
gets you 70-80% of the way there (I think that Hoare himself said something
along those lines sometime back)

news:200511041213.04185.wolfgang at jeltsch.net...