[Haskell] URLs in haskell module namespace

S. Alexander Jacobson alex at alexjacobson.com
Mon Mar 21 15:47:28 EST 2005

As I move from machine to machine, it would be nice not to have to
install all the libraries I use over and over again.  I'd like to be
able to do something like this:

   import http://module.org/someLib as someLib

If the requested module itself does local imports, the implementation
would first try to resolve the names on the client machine and
otherwise make requests along remote relative paths.

If would be nice if implementations cached these http requests and did
If-Modified-Since requests on each compile.  If the document at the
URL has been modified it might show the diff and ask the user if it is
appropriate to upgrade to the new version.

Does this make sense?

-Alex-