[Haskell] GHC: Setting default +RTS options at compile time?

Graham Klyne gk at ninebynine.org
Fri Mar 18 08:18:35 EST 2005

Is there any way to specify at compile/link time default options for GHC
program +RTS options?

I'm using the latest release (6.4).

Why do I want this?  I'm using GHC to write a program that will be used by
non-comp uting people to preprocess some data in conjunction with an 18Mb
database file.  To load the database into a Data.Map value requires more
than GHC's default 256Mb of heap, and I'd like to increase the program's
default heap size, rather than telling users to use the +RTS -M100M option,
as its one less thing to get wrong.  There are of course other possible
solutions, but in this case specifying a default heap size at compile time
seems to be the most natural.

Graham Klyne
For email: