[Haskell] Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.4

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Mon Mar 14 05:44:35 EST 2005

Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com> wrote:

>    =============================================================
>     The (Interactive) Glasgow Haskell Compiler -- version 6.4
>    =============================================================
>
> The GHC Team is delighted to announce a new major release of GHC.

Some issues:

1. "ghc -M" complains about multiply-defined "Main" modules.
entered as
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1162736&group_i
d=8032&atid=108032>

2. What's up with "Warning: orphan instances"?

3. I notice show for rationals now does "3%2" instead of "3 % 2".
Probably better, though it does break one of my tests...

4. It looks like Data.FiniteMap has been renamed Data.Map, or something.
There's no Data.Map at <http://haskell.org/haddock/libraries/>, do these need to be updated?

5. Apparently a bunch of stuff is in different pacakges, such as mtl. Is
there documentation about what's in what package? Perhaps Haddock should
show packages or something? I'm not yet familiar enough with Cabal to
know what the best way of doing this is.

--
Ashley Yakeley, Seattle WA