[Haskell] Embedded Systems

Tony Sloane asloane at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Mar 13 19:02:56 EST 2005

>>>    I'm wondering if there is any port of Haskell to Embedded
>>>    systems. Any hint welcomed
>>
>> nhc has been used for a number of embedded projects.

As mentioned by Don Stewart, my group at Macquarie has a project to
port nhc98 to Palm OS (not quite embedded but some similar issues).  An
older port that we did provided a proof of concept but we are in the
process of re-engineering things to make it more stable and
maintainable.

As the first step, I am developing a literate version of the nhc98
runtime and factoring out system-specific things as we go.  When it is
finished I expect that the literate runtime will be useful to others
wishing to learn how the runtime works and for other porting projects.

Regards,
Tony Sloane

Dept of Computing, Macquarie University
January - July 2005, Visiting Research Fellow, PLS, CSE, UNSW