[Haskell] Embedded Systems

Tony Sloane asloane at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Mar 13 19:02:56 EST 2005

>>>    I'm wondering if there is any port of Haskell to Embedded
>>>    systems. Any hint welcomed
>> nhc has been used for a number of embedded projects.

As mentioned by Don Stewart, my group at Macquarie has a project to
port nhc98 to Palm OS (not quite embedded but some similar issues).  An
older port that we did provided a proof of concept but we are in the
process of re-engineering things to make it more stable and

As the first step, I am developing a literate version of the nhc98
runtime and factoring out system-specific things as we go.  When it is
finished I expect that the literate runtime will be useful to others
wishing to learn how the runtime works and for other porting projects.

Tony Sloane

Dept of Computing, Macquarie University
January - July 2005, Visiting Research Fellow, PLS, CSE, UNSW