[Haskell] Project to add cairo support to Gtk2Hs wins Google Summer of Code grant

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jul 10 12:22:42 EDT 2005

All,

We are very pleased to announce that Paolo Martini's project proposal to
add support for the new cairo[1] vector graphics library to Gtk2Hs[2]
has been selected to receive a grant in Google's Summer of Code[3]
programme. This will make it possible to create GUIs in Haskell that
take advantage of cairo's sophisticated vector graphics capabilities and
its high quality display and print output.

Paolo now has until the beginning of September to complete the project
and receive the full $4500 grant. I know everyone will join me in
wishing him the best of luck! Paolo will be maintaining a blog about his
project on the Gtk2Hs website.

We would also like to thank Google for recognising the importance of
supporting projects like Gtk2Hs and hscairo[4] that aim to make Haskell
an even more versatile programming system.

See the Gtk2Hs website for Paolo's full project proposal[5]

[1] http://www.cairographics.org/
[2] http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/
[3] http://code.google.com/summerofcode.html
[4] http://www.cairographics.org/hscairo