[Haskell] line-based interactive program

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Sun Jul 10 09:41:30 EDT 2005

Am Samstag, 9. Juli 2005 18:17 schrieb Bulat Ziganshin:
> [...]

> sorry, it is probably not what i'm think about. as i can see, you are
> provide safe equivalent of interleaveIO,

Not really.  An important difference between my solution and
unsafeInterleaveIO is that with unsafeInterleaveIO the whole "interleaved"
action is executed as soon as something of its result is demanded while with
my approach the action is just executed as far as it is necessary to provide
the demanded data.

> while i'm think about approach that simplifies creating of I/O and
> mutable-state programs, something like:
>
> string <- [readChar h, readChar h]
>
> which automatically perform I/O actions `readChar h` in I/O monad and
> then uses their results as in ordinal computation. this will allow
> "do" syntax to more close imitate imperative languages

I don't really understand your aim at the moment.  Could you please elaborate
a bit?

Best wishes,
Wolfgang