[Haskell] line-based interactive program

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Fri Jul 8 13:09:33 EDT 2005

Hello Andrew,

Friday, July 08, 2005, 8:43:02 PM, you wrote:
AP> It is one thing to embrace lazy evaluation order, and another to embrace
AP> lazy IO (implemented using unsafeInterleaveIO).  As a relative newcomer
AP> to Haskell, I got the impression that the "interact" style was always a
AP> hack, discarded for good reason in favor of the IO monad.  Is there a
AP> strong case for interact?

interact are very good for filter-like programs, but i think iy's
unadequate for inetractive programs. i use "main = interact
(unlines...lines)" often enough

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com