[Haskell] Semantics of Haskell

Till Mossakowski till at tzi.de
Tue Jan 25 07:38:56 EST 2005

When I looked through several papers about Haskell semantics, I found that
recursive datatypes have been omitted.
Is there a denotational semantics of Haskell including recursive datatypes?
(or better some translation into a meta-language that has a denotational semantics)

More precisely,

(1) is there a translation of Haskell without polymorphism into FPC?
It should be rather straightforward, but is it written down somewhere?

(2) a translation of Haskell with polymorphism, polymorphic recursion,
higher-rank polymorphism, into (some extension of) system F?

Till Mossakowski
--
Till Mossakowski               Phone +49-421-218-4683
Dept. of Computer Science      Fax +49-421-218-3054
University of Bremen           till at tzi.de
P.O.Box 330440, D-28334 Bremen http://www.tzi.de/~till