[Haskell] Implicit parallel functional programming

Keean Schupke k.schupke at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jan 19 08:44:22 EST 2005

I have to say I disagree... I feel Haskell is highly suited to implicit
parallel execution... The key to "implicit" parallelisation is that it
is implicit - not explicit, so the programmer should feel like they are
programming a sequential language. If we can assume little memory access
penalties for threads running on other CPUs (shared cache model), it
seems to be a matter of putting locks on the right structures, and
allowing any worker-thread to take the next function ready to run from
the scheduler.

    Keean.