[Haskell] [ANNOUNCE] New version of unicode CWString library with extras

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Wed Jan 19 00:30:48 EST 2005

A while ago I wrote a glibc specific implementation of the CWString
library. I have since made several improvements:

* No longer glibc specific, should compile and work on any system with
  iconv (which is unix standard) (but there are still glibc specific
* general iconv library for conversion to any other supported character
* LocaleIO, a plug in replacement for many of the standard prelude and
  IO calls which transparently handle locale encoding.

and best of all, it now has a darcs repository.

It could still using some fleshing out, LocaleIO is still incomplete, I
add to it as I need a function,  but I figure I should make it available
in case the CWString stuff came in handy for implementing the FFI spec
for ghc.

PS. is there a way to replace the top level error handler in ghc? (from
a haskell library) I'd like to be able to print the error messages with
the LocaleIO library as it is the only place where the wrong encoding
still can leak out.

John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈