[Haskell] [ANNOUNCE] New version of unicode CWString library with extras

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Wed Jan 19 00:30:48 EST 2005

A while ago I wrote a glibc specific implementation of the CWString
library. I have since made several improvements:

* No longer glibc specific, should compile and work on any system with
  iconv (which is unix standard) (but there are still glibc specific
  optimizations)
* general iconv library for conversion to any other supported character
  sets
* LocaleIO, a plug in replacement for many of the standard prelude and
  IO calls which transparently handle locale encoding.

and best of all, it now has a darcs repository.

 http://repetae.net/john/recent/out/HsLocale.html

It could still using some fleshing out, LocaleIO is still incomplete, I
add to it as I need a function,  but I figure I should make it available
in case the CWString stuff came in handy for implementing the FFI spec
for ghc.
        John

PS. is there a way to replace the top level error handler in ghc? (from
a haskell library) I'd like to be able to print the error messages with
the LocaleIO library as it is the only place where the wrong encoding
still can leak out.

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈