[Haskell] Implicit parallel functional programming

Satnam Singh satnams at microsoft.com
Tue Jan 18 15:53:18 EST 2005

I'm trying to find out about existing work on implicit parallel functional programming. I see that the Glasgow Haskell compiler has a parallel mode which can be used with PVM and there is interesting work with pH at MIT. Does anyone know of any other work on implicitly parallelizing functional programs for fine grain parallel execution?

The emergence of multi-core processors makes me think that we should look at implicit parallel functional programming in a new light.

Cheers,

Satnam

Satnam Singh
Microsoft