[Haskell] Re: xemacs & haskell major mode

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Feb 2 07:37:19 EST 2005

Surendra Singhi wrote:

> > > Is there any ilisp or slime like package for haskell, which integrates
> > > haskell with xemacs or emacs and provides a kind of integrated
> > > development environment?
> > > I am using Hugs 98.
> >

> >  Does <URL:
> >  http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell/2004-November/015015.html
> >
> > help?
>
> I downloaded the haskell mode from that site and I was trying to
> configure it, but during the process I ran into this error
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function charsetp)

>    signal(void-function (charsetp))

The charsetp function only exists if XEmacs was built with the MuLE
(MUlti-Lingual Emacs) option.

However, the only use of that function which I can see in the
haskell-mode code is:

   (and (fboundp 'make-char) (charsetp 'japanese-jisx0208)

So charsetp should only be called if the make-char function exists,
and that function should also only exist if XEmacs was built with the
MuLE option.

It may be that you have a version of XEmacs which has make-char but
which doesn't have charsetp.

In any case, I have CC'd this message to the maintainer of
haskell-mode, Stefan Monnier, in case he has any ideas.