[Haskell] Making Haskell more open

Graham Klyne GK at ninebynine.org
Tue Dec 20 04:59:51 EST 2005

Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:
> * We don't have a plausible way of annotating GHC's user manual.  One
> suggestion is a tree of Wiki pages, each linked from the corresponding
> section of the manual.   We'd need an automated way to generate such a
> tree, and it's not clear what to do when moving from one release of GHC
> to the next.

I don't know if it's worth looking at W3C's Annotea [1].  Last time I looked, it
needed a special client (e.g. Amaya web browser [2]), but I don't know if
anyone's thought about using a gateway to allow annotation/viewing using a
regular web client (e.g. as Wikis do for web pages); e.g. [3]?

#g
--

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea/

[2] http://www.w3.org/Amaya/