[Haskell] pros and cons of static typing and side effects ?

Ketil Malde ketil+haskell at ii.uib.no
Thu Aug 11 02:38:52 EDT 2005

Bulat Ziganshin <bulatz at HotPOP.com> writes:

> I can quote someone from this list: "if haskell compiler allow my
> program to be compiled then I know that there is no more errors in
> it".

I wish quotes like this weren't bandied about without mentioning that
they almost entirely, but not quite, true.  Of course many programs
that compile have bugs in them!  A more accurate statement is that
static typing catches a lot of trivial errors, and can be leveraged to
make more complex errors less likely to occur and faster to track
down.

-k