[Haskell] haddock -cpp ? Cabal support for haddock ?

Benjamin Franksen benjamin.franksen at bessy.de
Fri Apr 22 06:27:33 EDT 2005

On Friday 22 April 2005 09:12, Isaac Jones wrote:
> Johannes Waldmann <waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de> writes:
> > What is the preferred way to generate haddockumentation
> > from code that must be preprocessed (ghc -cpp)?
> >
> > Would Cabal support this?
>
> Cabal does support this.  If you use the CPP extension, it'll
> preprocess the code before running haddock on it.
>
> > I'd certainly welcome Cabal support for other haddock features as
> > well (--source, --read-interface).  I am not sure where to put all
> > these arguments in the .cabal file.
>
> Cabal doesn't support these yet, though.  Maybe in the future.

Dear Isaac,

for the next release, I think *every* external program used by Cabal
should get a xyz-options (free form) tag to give additional options. We
already have them for linker, c-compiler, and hs-compiler, but not yet
for preprocessors and doc generators (haddock). This is very easy to
implement, does no harm at all, and greatly increases cabal's
flexibility as a build tool. (BTW, I can send you a darcs patch if you
are too busy at the moment.)

Ben