[Haskell] Haskell in industry?

Krasimir Angelov ka2_mail at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 04:44:19 EDT 2004

--- Heribert.Schuetz.extern at HVB.de wrote:
> *	Can Haskell code be integrated with .NET, in case
> the department
> should decide to base more of its software on this
> platform? (I have found
> Sigbjorn Finne's integration of Hugs with .NET, but
> I would prefer the
> native-code compilation of GHC. I remember rumors
> about such a project years
> ago when Simon PJ went to Microsoft, but didn't find
> anything recent about
> this on the Web. I found notes about the GHC/.NET
> integration in the
> Mondrian project, but that appears to be
> unmaintained. Correct me if I am
> wrong.)

The Sigbjorn Finne's .NET integration is also ported
to GHC but I am not sure whether it is efficient
enough. The bridge uses reflection to call .NET
methods and each time when the method is called it is
located by its name. I am working on simple report
engine in Haskell which is callable from .NET and uses
.NET classes as datasource. The solution which I
choice was to build DLL in managed C++ which is called
from Haskell. It is not so hard to automate this task
with an apropriate tool.

Cheers,
  Krasimir