[Haskell] Updates using Field Labels

Gregory Wright gwright at comcast.net
Mon May 17 12:11:52 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a program that processes files and builds up records for
later insertion into a database. (The actual program uses a lexer
and some helper functions to extract the necessary information
from the files; the attached program reproduces the behavior in
question.)

When I run the real program or the attached sample program I get the
error

Fail: ios.hs:50: Missing field in record construction Main.sigPriority

(This is using GHC-6.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.3.3 built from darwinports.)

I don't understand the reason for this error message. It seems to
be more constraining than my reading of section 3.15.3 of the
Report (Updates Using Field Labels).

There is a workaround: explicitly update the field sigPriority.   I had
hoped that that would not be necessary. Could someone explicate
this?

Best Wishes,
Greg

Gregory Wright