[Haskell] reasons for non-portability

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Mon Mar 22 13:42:19 EST 2004

Am Montag, 22. März 2004 13:29 schrieben Sie:
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 08:50:10PM +0100, Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> > according to
> >     http://www.haskell.org/hierarchical-modules/libraries/
> >     reference-libraries.html#MODULE-HEADER,
> > each module should have a header which contains a line about portability.
> >  My question is, if a module is considered non-portable only if it
> > contains non-portable constructs itself, or if a module is also
> > non-portable if it just imports a module which is non-portable.
>
> follow the link under "reasons" to the definition.

Thanks for the info.

Well, according to that explanation, all modules would be non-portable since
the Prelude is normally implemented using non-standard features.  I think,
this is solved by declaring all modules described in the Haskell 98 Report
portable.

One question: Every module which imports a non-standard module has to list all
of this other module's non-portability reasons in its own reasons section
again, rigtht?

Wolfgang