[Haskell] reasons for non-portability

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Sun Mar 21 17:22:12 EST 2004

Am Sonntag, 21. März 2004 12:36 schrieben Sie:
> Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote:
> > [...] My question is, if a module is considered non-portable only if it
> > contains non-portable constructs itself, or if a module is also
> > non-portable if it just imports a module which is non-portable.
>
> Both, otherwise stating the property "portable" wouldn't help very much.

Well, I discovered that ghci is able to load modules without the
-fglasgow-exts option even if they rely on non-portable modules from the
hierarchical libraries (like, e.g., Control.Monad.Reader).

Is the exact meaning of portable/non-portable documented somewhere?

> [...]

Wolfgang