AW: [Haskell] Hugs Nov2003 X Nov2002

Iavor S. Diatchki diatchki at cse.ogi.edu
Tue Mar 16 08:51:12 EST 2004

hi,
i believe you should use
fromIntegral :: (Integral a, Num b) => a -> b

Since Int is in the Integral class, and Float is in the Num class
this should do exactly the job you need.

For the other functions that were not working --- they were moved to
the Char module, so you need to add "import Char" at the top of your
program.

Markus.Schnell at infineon.com wrote:

> try
>
> fromInt = fromInteger . toInteger

this does not seem like a good idea, as you start with an Int,
then convert it to an Integer, and then you make a Float out of that.
seems like a waste.

hope this helps
-iavor