[Haskell] Consultant directory

Alastair Reid alastair at reid-consulting-uk.ltd.uk
Fri Mar 12 16:59:27 EST 2004

On Thursday 11 March 2004 15:46, Mark T.B. Carroll wrote:
> I was wondering if it might be a good idea to build up some list of clever
> Haskell people who would be happy to do consultancy work on advanced
> techniques.

I have something of a vested interest both in being on such a list and in
companies being able to see that Haskell support is available and, oh look,
Alastair's available :-)

So I'd be happy to compile such a list.  Anyone wanting to be on the list
should fill in the form below and mail it directly to me.  I'll create a page
on haskell.org and announce where it is sometime soon.

Here's the information that I think would be useful - feel free to provide
additional info or to suggest a field that I've missed out.

  Name:
  Employer:
  Contact email:
  Web page:
  Phone number:
  Special Expertise:
  Previous projects/ experience:
  Full time/part time?:
  Restrictions:

Notes:
- Name should be either your name or name of company if the company as
  a whole does consulting work.  e.g., if your day job is lecturer at
  University of XXX, just give your name.
- Employer should be used only if consulting is a part time job.
  e.g., If your day job is lecturer at University of XXX, put that here.
- I'll encode the email address using (dot) for ., (at) for , etc. for
  the usual (weak) defence against spam.
- The web page should probably point to something equivalent to a CV
- Instead of just "yes/no" for full/part time, you might want to indicate
  approx number of hours, times of year, etc.
- Restrictions might be something like 'OpenSource projects only'
- Something about whether you would want paid or not seems relevant too
  but I can't quite think how to phrase it.

  Personally, my entire income comes from consulting work (and it keeps
  me busy pretty much 100% of the time) so I don't do all that many
  jobs for free per year.
  Those at universities might do some jobs for the fun of it or
  in the hope of getting a paper out of it or a motivating example
  for a class.

--
Alastair Reid     http://www.haskell-consulting.com/