[Haskell] natural numbers

Iavor S. Diatchki diatchki at cse.ogi.edu
Thu Mar 4 10:45:37 EST 2004

hello,
looking through the documentation for Data.Word I run into the follwoing
comment:

"it would be very natural to add a type Natural providing an unbounded
size unsigned integer, just as Integer provides unbounded size signed
integers. We do not do that yet since there is no demand for it."

if that is not too much work could we have that in the library?  i think
it would be very useful.
(i am trying to generate demand :-)
it would also be useful to have finite natural numbers, ala C's
"unsigned int".

-iavor

| Iavor S. Diatchki, Ph.D. student               |
| Department of Computer Science and Engineering |
| School of OGI at OHSU                          |
| http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~diatchki               |