[Haskell] ANNOUNCING: The Haskell Bookstore

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Fri Jun 18 06:40:05 EDT 2004

The Haskell bookstore is now open :)

The bookstore is an attempt to publish out-of-print books, scientific
papers, and technical documentation relating to Haskell and Functional
Programming in general which is not otherwise available in print.

At the moment, the shop has

* Simon Peyton Jones and David Lester's book on functional language implementation
* The FFI specification.

more titles shall be forthcoming.

I am doing this as a non-profit venture, mainly because I really want
some of these books in print :) So the cost is simply the printing cost
plus expenses which will hopefully keep things afordable for everyone
interested.

the bookstore is at
 http://www.cafeshops.com/haskell_books
and a wiki page describing it and allowing people to add to a wishlist
and faq is at
 http://haskell.org/hawiki/HaskellBookstore

I am always looking for new material, so any aid in tracking down
copyright holders or orignal TeX files for anything desired would be
apreciated. Plus, improving the documentation such as the GHC manual and
FFI spec is doubleplusgood, as I can regularly pull down the cvs
versions and keep the books up to date with the latest developments and
good documentation benefits the community as a whole.

Please let me know as soon as possible if anyone has any trouble with a
printed version, as this is print-on-demand, I can incorporate changes
to future editions right away.

Oh, and I can't really afford to be sued, so if you think I am infringing
on your copyright, send me a note before breaking out the lawyers and I
will be happy to work something out :)

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈