[Haskell] Lists as Arrows

David Sankel camio at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 20:03:53 EDT 2004

Hello,

  Forgive me, I have but a fuzzy idea of what Arrows are.  I was thinking it
might be possible to make lists arrows instead of monads.

  This would allow (++) to be one of those special arrow computations.  It
would have some quite nice properties.  For example (++ [a]) could be a O(1)
operation instead of a O(n).  Also, the trivial implementation of a queue
would be O(1) for push and pop operations instead of the more complicated
amortized O(1) implementation.

  Am I missing the point or is what I said above a possibility?

David J. Sankel