[Haskell] SDL binding available.

Adrian Hey ahey at iee.org
Thu Jul 8 05:29:13 EDT 2004

Hello,

I've put my Haskell bindings to SDL,SDL_Image, and SDL_TTF
here..

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~ahey/HLibs/Multimedia.SDL.Core/
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~ahey/HLibs/Multimedia.SDL.Image/
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~ahey/HLibs/Multimedia.SDL.TTF/

It's not really as polished as I would like for a first release,
but I haven't had much time to work on it recently and it seems
a pity to see it just gathering dust when it might be useful
to some people. I hope to get back to work on it myself soon.

At the moment it's probably not terribly useful. It's just a raw
binding to (most of) the SDL video and event handling. So it has
no sound, no computed graphics capability (just text rendering
and pre-prepared sprite blitting), and joystick handling still
sucks a bit.

Also, blitting is not very fast under X11 (no surprises there).
It was much faster on Win32/DirectX last time I tested it, but
that was a while ago so I don't know if the current version builds
or works on Win32.

BTW, If anybody finds the lack of audio too style cramping, feel
free to contribute a binding to this part of SDL :-) It's not
something I need particularly urgently so you might have to
wait a while otherwise. I plan to give the graphics capabilities
higher priority.

Regards
--
Adrian Hey