[Haskell] Re: Use of tab characters in indentation-sensitive code

Sean L. Palmer seanpalmer at verizon.net
Sun Jan 25 14:03:38 EST 2004

Joking aside, surely you intelligent people realize that the internals of a
file format have nothing whatsoever to do with the user interface of the
editing tool.  Something like this would be completely transparent *if* you
used the right tools.

This just shows how deeply ingrained the ascii plain text mindset is in the
programming community.  I don't expect anything like this to ever fly, for
this reason.  You guys won't let it.  :(

Besides, the idea would be not to use &nbsp, but rather some "indent
paragraph" tag.

Sean