Haddock and man pages

Simon Marlow simonmar at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 5 16:13:19 EST 2004

> I think there is some software to translate some DocBook
> derivate to man
> pages.  Maybe one could use the DocBook export mechanism of
> Haddock for man
> page production.  Just and idea.

Haddock's DocBook output support needs a lot of work - I originally
started on the DocBook output before switching to HTML quite early on.
The intention was always to have a form of printable output too, and
indeed Haddock is internally structured in such a way that adding
different output formats shouldn't be too hard.

I think having a means for producing man pages would be a big win.
Patches gratefully accepted, as always!

Cheers,
	Simon