GHC 6.2

Ketil Z. Malde ketil at ii.uib.no
Fri Sep 26 09:40:32 EDT 2003

"Simon Peyton-Jones" <simonpj at microsoft.com> writes:

> So far we have not been regarding 6.2 as ultra-urgent because we
> don't know of anyone who is really stuck with 6.0.  Please let us
> know if you are in fact stuck.

I already mentioned that I really need large file support, and I'd add
that I have some problems with profiling (segfaults, internal errors¹),
both under 6.0 and 6.0.1.  Is this known and/or fixed?  And was there
any answer to the original question:

>> When can we expect 6.2?

I can work e.g. the large file issue by using multiple files, but as
it's going to be fixed RSN, I haven't bothered yet.  An approximate
schedule would be nice, I promise not to blame anybody if it doesn't
hold. :-)

-kzm

¹ If it's not a known issue, I can tar up one of these. It's a fairly
large example, but it seems to be consistently happening.