pretty newby

Luc Taesch list at taesch.com
Wed Sep 24 14:08:31 EDT 2003

Thanks. i understand that a2ps is rather for printing.
What I had in mind what to pp my own programs, to clean the source layout, rather.

The process i used in other context is  to hack , without really taking care of the layout ( say getting distracted by) , and once i got a resonalble level of stability, i cleaned the program, using a pp;

ideally in haskell, this would add the typing for me, also. ( still havent made my religion if that's cool to have the typing on top of the definition, or not, but at least for doc generation purpose, that's good.)
feedback on that ?

so the two gain i was expecting were :
- cleaning the layout, after i removed all the debugging code
- generating the type

but i understood from Per from that the parser would not take care of the comments. ( not take care, or remove , btw ?).

alos, Im surprised that this bland issue has not already been solved (PP lib paper looks dated 96). no  offence intended, but aas im newbie, i wonder what am i missing ? what is different in the process of creation so that this need did not arised already? i should admint i'm puzzled, given the facilities at hand...