Haskell for non-Haskell's sake

Oliver Braun Oliver Braun <obraun@unsane.org>
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 08:54:30 +0200

--uAKRQypu60I7Lcqm

* Hal Daume III <hdaume@ISI.EDU> [2003-08-29 17:39 -0700]:
> If you use Haskell for a purpose *other than* one of those listed below,
> I'd love to hear.

I have written checkrdf[1], a tool for downloading and processing RSS
files from various newstickers. checkrdf uses HaXml for processing
RSS XML files. A shell script is used as wrapper and the XML files are
fetched by fetch(1) or wget(1).

I have developed Editor Combinators[2][3] together with Wolfram Kahl and
Jan Scheffczyk for my diploma thesis.

Currently, I am using Haskell for my PhD work where I use Haskell as
"Runtime Environment" for code generated by HOPS[4].

I have done statistical evaluation of medical datasets (sensitivity,
specitivity, predictive values and the like) in Haskell.

For small tasks (processing textfiles and the like) I also use Haskell
or zsh[5] scripts.

Regards,
         Olli

1. http://checkrdf.sourceforge.net/