aegnor at antioch-college.edu
Sun Oct 19 23:13:06 EDT 2003
The haskell bindings for cairo have reached 0.3, which is enough of a
milestone to warrant this post, I think. Main improvements include:
* better (i.e. more Haskellish) wrappers for the Matrix functions
* better status handling - status is now checked automatically, and errors
* Attributes are parameterized by object type as well as value type. What
this means is that things other than the implicit Cairo object can have
Attributes; for example, Matrix objects have an "affine" Attribute.
* all current cairo functions wrapped. A few had been left out of the
prior version due to implementation difficulty.
* a better backend. Specifically, a running hscairo program no longer
uses up all CPU time.
The new version is available at http://ofb.net/~abe/hscairo-0.3.tar.bz2.
More information about the Haskell