changed link

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Wed Oct 15 14:15:27 EDT 2003

Am Mittwoch, 15. Oktober 2003, 12:50 schrieb Christian Maeder:
> Hi,
>
> on:
> http://www.haskell.org/bookshelf/
>
> the link for: Online Haskell Course by Ralf Hinze (in German).
>
> should be changed from:
> http://www.informatik.uni-bonn.de/~ralf/teaching/HsKurs_toc.html
>
> to:
> http://www.informatik.uni-bonn.de/~ralf/teaching/Hskurs_toc.html
>
> At least my browser seems to be case sensitive.
>
> Christian

Hi,

it's not the browser that is case-sensitive but the HTTP protocol.

Well, a web *server* which is run on a Windows machine probably won't distinct
between URLs differing only in case since file and directory names under
Windows are case-insensitive. But such a behaviour doesn't change the fact
that
    http://www.informatik.uni-bonn.de/~ralf/teaching/HsKurs_toc.html
and
    http://www.informatik.uni-bonn.de/~ralf/teaching/Hskurs_toc.html
are different URLs; the server would just provide the same content for both.
This is legal behaviour since a web server can provide whatever content it
wants for a given URL. In no way, URLs have to correspond to files.

Wolfgang