ANNOUNCE: HaRe, the Haskell Refactorer, version 0.1

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Sun Oct 5 14:18:01 EDT 2003

> > we are pleased to announce the availability of HaRe 0.1 (also
> > known as HaRe 01/10/2003 ;-), a snapshot of our Haskell Refactorer
> Thank you - looks pretty nice!
thanks!
> Any chance of XEmacs support too? :-)

Ah, there we go;-)

Two answers:

1. what little I know about Emacs scripting I learned during this
     project, so I wouldn't even know what is different in XEmacs
     or why XEmacs doesn't work with the Emacs version of the
     interface. Help from X/Emacs hackers is welcome.

2. we don't want to get bogged down in supporting various
    frontends, but we do want to enable others to contribute
    interface versions for their favourite editor/IDE.

According to a survey we did here a while ago, Vim and Emacs
cover the majority of Haskell programmers' environments (we
didn't distinguish between the various members of the families).

However, the main reason that we try to support two editor
interfaces is to avoid dependencies on features only available
in one specific editor. In other words, if we can script interfaces
for both Vim and Emacs, and you are not using these popular
editors, you can probably script an interface to HaRe for your
own editor (unless that editor is overly limited;-). If you need
help with the HaRe-side of the interface, just let us know
(kent.ac.uk, project mailing list: refactor-fp).

Was that what you wanted to hear?-)
Claus