time since the epoch

Juanma Barranquero jmbarranquero at laley.wke.es
Mon Nov 10 10:54:22 EST 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 19:55:47 +0100
Stefan Karrmann <sk at mathematik.uni-ulm.de> wrote:

> I've inserted 'convert = (uncurry cFromTai) . cToTai'.

Great, thanks.

> A fixed and checked version is appended and carbon copied to
> <haskell-libs-developers at lists.sourceforge.net>.

What's haskell-libs-developers? I thought libraries' development was
carried over on libraries at haskell.org... (And shouldn't we be discussing
Tai.lhs there, BTW :)

I'm attaching a patch (diff -u2) with a few small changes:

 - 1%seconds_per_day  ->  1 % seconds_per_day  (otherwise GHC complains
   in -fglasgow-exts mode because it misinterprets it as an implicit
   parameter).

 - I've put a few _ here and there to silence warnings for unused
   arguments.

 - I've renamed a few variables because of "shadows an existing binding"
   warnings.

 - I've deleted a few internal definitions apparently not used
   (according to -Wall), like cumulated_month_length_after_february.

 - I've corrected a few typos.

More coments:

 - I'm sending you the patch throw the Haskell list because previous
   attempts of sending to your e-mail address failed.

 - Are you very fond of the literate style? I ask because unlit'ing it
   would allow adding Haddock coments, which would be nice.

 - I'm not sure I like depending on a leapseconds table hardcoded in the
   source, even if it changes slowly. Wouldn't it be better to have the
   data in a file and load it through unsafePerformIO? (And isn't
   unsafePerformIO, after all? :)

 - I get a warning with -Wall:

    Warning: Defined but not used:
		 TimeDiff, days_from_MJD2unixEpoch, days_from_unixEpoch2MJD',
		 hours_per_day, isodelta, isomoveDHM, isomoveS, isomoveYM,
		 libtaiEpoch, month_per_year, test, test2

   Several of these are neither used nor exported. ???

Thanks,

                                                                Juanma