Arbitrary precision reals?

Wed, 26 Mar 2003 00:21:10 -0000

David Lester, who I saw today by coincidence, has a very nice
arbitrary-precision real arithmetic package, which he is planning to
finish up and offer to us Haskellites.  I'll leave him to say when, and
what it does, but it's a very cool thing and I hope we can persuade him
to give it to us soon.

Simon=20

|=20
|=20
| Niall Dalton writes:
|  | Hi,
|  |=20
|  | Its been a while since I've been using Haskell seriously,=20
| so I might simply  | have overlooked the answer..  |=20
|  | Is there an arbitrary precision real number library=20
| available for Haskell?  | IIRC, atleast GHC uses the GMP=20
| library, but only for integers?
|=20