old hugs versions?

William Lee Irwin III wli@holomorphy.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 02:33:49 -0800

On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 11:10:57AM +0000, Steffen Mazanek wrote:
> are there any valid links in the whole internet
> pointing to old versions of hugs? Concretely
> I need hugs-1.3b and all hints how to find it
> would be very appreciated.
> One may ask what the hell I want to do with
> this old stuff :-). My intention is to compare
> its parser.y file with the one of Johan Nordlanders
> ohugs (http://www.cs.chalmers.se/~nordland/ohugs/).

Well, it's not a particularly flattering statement about myself
but the debian version of hugs is truly ancient. In fact, there's
a crew preparing to do an NMI delivery mode + takeover of the package
and I've in fact been holding off on updates to allow them to progress
more readily.

So you can find an horrifically ancient hugs version in debian unless
they've already taken it over without my noticing -- I've been a
terrible maintainer, I should just retreat and package kernels for
large i386 systems and get out of the hugs packaging business.

-- wli