BCTCS 19

N Ghani ng13@mcs.le.ac.uk
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:39:45 +0000

 **** <We apologize for multiple postings.> ****

Please can you publicise this amongst your colleagues and particularly
PhD students who could take advantage of our grants for accommodation
etc

			CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

	    British Colloquium on Theoretical Computer Science
			7th - 9th April 2003
		      Leicester, United Kingdom

	     http://www.mcs.le.ac.uk/events/bctcs19/

The British Colloquium for Theoretical Computer Science (BCTCS) is an
annual conference providing a forum for research in all areas of
theoretical computer science. As such, it aims to provide an informal
setting within which researchers can meet and discuss
recent developments and results in the broad swathe of the subject
rather than in just their own area of specialty.

The BCTCS is also dedicated to the development and training of
postgraduate research students. Indeed, the relaxed nature of the
conference provides an excellent environment where postgraduate
students may gain the experience of presenting their work to their
colleagues and benefit from contact with established researchers in
the community. A number of grants are available to fund the
accommodation and registration costs of postgraduate students who are
willing to give talks.

This year, we are pleased to have invited talks in the areas of
programming language semantics, category theory, algorithms, formal
languages and automata theory given by

     Prof A. Jung, University of Birmingham, UK
     Prof F.W. Lawvere, State University of New York, USA
     Prof K. Mehlhorn, Universitaet des Saarlandes, Germany
     Dr S. Muthukrishnan, Rutgers University, USA and AT&T
     Prof. J. Pin, Universite Paris Denis Diderot et CNRS, France

Further details of the program etc will be available from the website

http://www.mcs.le.ac.uk/events/bctcs19/

and registration, travel, costs etc can be found at

http://www.le.ac.uk/conference/bctcs/

For any other issues, please contact bctcs19@mcs.le.ac.uk

Neil Ghani
Dr Conference Organiser

| Dr Neil Ghani                        Email : ng13@mcs.le.ac.uk      |
| Dept of Maths and Computer Science   Web   : www.mcs.le.ac.uk/~ng13 |
| University of Leicester                                             |
| University Rd,                                                      |
| Leicester LE1 7RH                    Phone : +44 (0)116 252 3807    |
| United Kingdom                       Fax   : +44 (0)116 252 3915    |