URI handling code in Haskell available

Graham Klyne gk@ninebynine.org
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 23:01:29 +0000

I've released a first version of some URI parsing and handling code at:

   http://www.ninebynine.org./Software/HaskellURI.zip

With a (very) few words of write-up at:

   http://www.ninebynine.org./Software/ReadMe-URI-Haskell.txt

The URI parser code is based very closely on the syntax specification given
in Roy Fielding's current revision of the URI specification [1].  The unit
tests are based substantially on Dan Connolly's Python code [2].

The code is a bit scrappy, as I'm new to Haskell, but it does pass a fairly
comprehensive array of unit tests (also included with the software).  Error
handling is in the range of weak-to-non-existent.

#g
--

[1] http://www.apache.org/~fielding/uri/rev-2002/rfc2396bis.html

[2] http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/uripath.py