How to catch and error message and how to make it create unix files instead of dos files??

Alexandre Weffort Thenorio alethenorio@home.se
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 23:28:09 +0100

Thanks I actually have done that but couldn't understand how to use them.
Can you give me an example on a function that reads a file and in case the
file is not found you throw a string like "File not found" or so??

Best Regards

NooK

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hal Daume III" <hdaume@ISI.EDU>
To: "Alexandre Weffort Thenorio" <thenorio@home.se>
Cc: <haskell@haskell.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 3:11 AM
Subject: Re: How to catch and error message and how to make it create unix
files instead of dos files??

> Look at the functions try catch and bracket.
>
> --
>  Hal Daume III                                   | hdaume@isi.edu
>  "Arrest this man, he talks in maths."           | www.isi.edu/~hdaume
>
> On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Alexandre Weffort Thenorio wrote:
>
> > I am trying to write a small software to take info from one file and
write it into another file. The problem is that when I don't give any input
I get the normal haskell nosuchfile error message but I want to give my own
error message. I am a newbie, how can I do that? Also I need the file that
is gonna be created (A text file), to be created in UNIX type and not as a
DOS file type, how can I do that? I am using ghc to compile on Windows.