Ann: HAllInOne bug fix release

Hal Daume t-hald@microsoft.com
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:22:58 -0700

Ah, apparently it is not (at least not the Cygwin version).

I recompiled NHC with GHC -O2, both the separate compilation version and
the all-in-over version.  Averaged over five runs, we see that the
separate compilation version is actually *faster* than the ai1 version:

standard nhc compiled with ghc:

real    0m27.167s
user    0m9.991s
sys     0m1.304s

nhc all-in-one:

real    0m31.411s
user    0m10.007s
sys     0m1.299s

i am completely unable to explain this.  someone want to hazard a guess?

 - hal, who is a bit disappointed now :(

 --
 Hal Daume III                                   | hdaume@isi.edu
 "Arrest this man, he talks in maths."           | www.isi.edu/~hdaume