StrategyLib - need help

Dmitry Astapov adept@umc.com.ua
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:31:43 +0300

Evening, Ralf.

Ralf Laemmel <Ralf.Laemmel@cwi.nl> 20:27 24/7/2003 wrote:

 RL> a) Add a class constraint for Show to the Term class.
 RL>    (Would that work? It's a bit invasive anyway.)
Yes, that a bit invasive to say at least. With equal "ease" I can hack
DrIFT to produce instances of Show the way I want them.

 RL> b) Alternatively, imoort TermRep and use explode and then show on
 RL>    TermRep. (This show maybe does not look so nice,
 RL>     but this should be good enough for debugging.)
I dont quite follow you here. If I (show . explode) the topmost Term, I got
just the name of the type of that term. If I try to build a traversal which
"explode"-s everything on the way, I got the same error as before (which is
expected, I believe).

 RL> c) Be more specific about what terms to print,
 RL>    say have type-specific cases for types of terms of interest. (This
 RL>    would be reasonable if you only care about a few types,
 RL>     or there are even just a few types anyway.)
Thing is that there is a lot of types and I'd like to print all of them.

--
Dmitry Astapov //ADEpt
GPG KeyID/fprint: F5D7639D/CA36 E6C4 815D 434D 0498  2B08 7867 4860 F5D7 639D