Announce: wxhaskell: MacOSX installer

Arthur Baars arthurb@cs.uu.nl
Thu, 24 Jul 2003 22:43:35 +0200

I have created an "out-of-the-box" MacOS X installer for wxHaskell. Simply
double-click on the package. The installer can be downloaded from:
http://home.deds.nl/~dediav/WxHaskell.dmg
This link is only valid for a couple of weeks. After Daan returns from
holidays he'll probably put it on the wxHaskell pages.

Note the package only works with ghc 6.0 or higher!

The installer does the following:
1) copy wxWindows and wxHaskell libraries to /usr/local/wxhaskell
2) register the wx and wxh packages with ghc-pkg

To uninstall, type in a Terminal:
1) rm /usr/local/wxhaskell
2) ghc-pkg -r wxh
3) ghc-pkg -r wx

The package also contains the wxHaskell documentation and samples. Copy them
to your disk.
To test the installation:
Open a terminal in the samples/wx directory, and write:
1) ghc --make -package wx Camels.hs -o camels
2) /usr/local/wxhaskell/bin/macosx-app --program=camels
3) ./camels

The macosx-app script is located at /usr/local/wxhaskell/bin; you may want
to add this directory to your PATH.

Have fun :-))

Arthur